Artist & Imaginary Scientist
Hi, I am April! I am an Austrian artist based in Paris - currently on the move!
In my works I use photography and other related techniques as a form of visual communication.
I am a self-taught artist and enjoy combining my artistic vision with an experimental approach. It is mostly my curiosity that is guiding me in my creative process.
Many of my pieces are an act with the unknown and unseen. The creative process for me is an ongoing exploration of "What am I looking at?" - hence the term Imaginary Scientist.
EXHIBITIONS & AWARDS
In today's digital-centric world, we often interact with art through screens, which can sometimes create a disconnect. The physicality of exhibitions adds depth to the connection between me, my creations, and those who encounter them. They certainly enrich the overall experience and leave a lasting impact, which is why they hold such a special place in my artistic journey.
- LA VUE EN BLEU - SOLO SHOW | HOTEL ART EVENT @ THE SECRET, SÖLDEN, 23.09.23
- ARTNUMBER 23 - GROUP SHOW | SALZBURG, 24.02.23 - 11.03.23
- THE HOLY ART GALLERY - Group Show | LONDON, UK, 10.02.23 - 19.02.23
- A LA MODA MAGAZINE - Issue No. 5 "ESOTERICA" - Contributor
- FINE ART PHOTO AWARDS 2023, Nominee Category "ABSTRACT"
- F-Stop Magazine - Issue #114 "The Portrait 2022" - Contributor
- lomography - Winner of EXP. 22 - Experimental Photography
- lomography - Sprocket Rocket Test | Interview
- Photo Vogue Published 18.07.2022 "Dreams & Nightmares"
- Collater.al Interview - "Surreal & Nostalgic Photography"